Here at NAC Home Remodeling we wanted to do something for our customers, so we have decided what’s better than a after holiday special. North American Construction offers specials and discounts in addition to their already competitive prices for exceptional craftsmanship and work materials. Call us today to schedule an appointment for a free consultation and to find out more about our special offers.
12/1/2016-Winter is here make sure you winterize your house. Stay warm this holiday season. We will walk you through a winter checklist. From plumbing to roofs.
- The heating system- You should perform a test run on your heating system just to make sure everything works as it should. Seasonal maintenance maybe required, Replace air filter on unit. Check the fuel levels if your heating system is ran off of gas. Checking your vents to make sure you have proper air flow. Its always a good time to check for any carbon monoxide leaks.
- Air conditioning units- Clean condensing unit of debris. Cover condensing unit. You can use a tarp for this. If you have a window air unit remove it, if you are unable to do so make sure all the vents are closed. You can also cover the back of the air unit just to make sure no drafts can leak through.
- Wood burning fireplace-Check for nests. All the months you don’t use your chimney critters outside your home sometimes build nests in your chimney. Check flue damper. Check chimney drafts If its been several years since you have used your fireplace you might want to have your chimney professionally swept. Inspect the brick all around chimney and fireplace, if you have any open mortar joints have them repaired immediately .
- Protect your pipes -Insulate exposed piping. Cover exterior faucets. Seasonal shutdown if you are leaving the open vacant it is a good idea to shut the water off to tank and drain your system.
- Doors and Windows-check door ways for drafts. If you have a draft you can place weather striping all around the frame of door. Check windows for drafts mostly by the edges.
- Roof- check your roof for any missing shingles. If you have missing shingles or damaged have them replaced. Check flashing around chimney and other roof projections and repair if necessary. Check gutters, clean out if needed.
- Sprinkler System- have your system winterized no later than October. Winterizing should include, turning off water and blowing compressed air through the sprinkler lines to purge them of water an d prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Pets- it is over looked a lot. Just because they have fur doesn’t mean they don’t need winterizing as well. If it is possible bring dogs inside out of the cold freezing nights. If not possible make sure your dog or outside animals have some place warm, to block the wind. Provide warm bedding(old blankets, hay, straw or even a heat lamp). Make sure to blanket your horses and animals.
11/29/2016-Check out our new review cards. We love to hear from our customers. A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan.